Car Rental Companies Serving Ballina Byron Gateway (BNK) Airport
Pick up inside the Terminal
Phone: +61 2 6686 7650
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday: 08:00 – 17:15 // Saturday and Sunday: 08:00 – 12:15 and 15:00 – 17:15
Phone: +61 2 6621 8855
Opening Hours: Sunday to Friday: 8:00 – 17:00 and 18:30 – 20:30 // Saturday: 8:00 – 17:00 and 18:30 – 19:30
Phone: +61 2 6686 9955
Opening Hours: Sunday to Friday: 08:00 – 20:30h, Saturday: 08:00 – 19:00h
Phone: +61 2 6686 2992
Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday 07:30 – 19:00h
Phone: +61 2 6686 7955
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday: 08:00 – 17:00h // Saturday and Sunday: 08:00 – 12:00h
EZI CAR RENTALS
Phone: +61 431 288 973
Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday: 08:00 – 17:00h
Phone: +61 2 6686 7955
Opening Hours: Sunday to Friday: 08:30 – 20:30h // Saturday: 08:30 – 17:00h
Car Rental desks at the airport are located in the Arrivals Hall
Pick up outside the Terminal
KEDDY by Europcar
Phone: +61 2 6686 2992
Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday 07:30 – 19:00h
Central Ballina Car Rental
Phone: +61 2 6686 0160
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 08:00 – 16:30h | Saturday and Sunday Closed
From Ballina Airport to Byron Bay in Google Maps
How to find outside pick up location?
Car hire service is provided as a Shuttle Bus; which means that a free shuttle bus will bring you from the airport terminal to the service desk.
Best Car Rental companies at Ballina Byron Gateway Airport
We know you need to rent a car in Byron Bay, but you have doubts and can’t decide which company to book with. To help you decide, here is our ranking of the Top 5 Car Rental Companies at Ballina Byron Gateway Airport (Updated 2020).
- THRIFTY (8.6/10) 🏆
- BUDGET (8.2/10) 🥈
- EUROPCAR (8.0/10) 🥉
- AVIS (7.8/10) 🔝
- HERTZ (7.7/10) 🔝
Drive and enjoy Byron Bay with your rental car
Are you ready to discover Byron Bay? So if you are planning to visit this beautiful and touristic area, do not hesitate to hire a car at Ballina Byron Gateway Airport and explore this nice area on your own. Pack your bags and get ready to discover all that Byron Bay has to offer easily and comfortably with your most economical rental car.
During your trip to Byron Bay, great adventures await you. If you waste time waiting for taxis, buses or trains, you may not have enough time to visit everything this magnificent city has to offer. Book a rental car and discover all the sights of Byron Bay and surroundings, known or not; there’s no more comfortable way to get around Australia.
Our car for hire offers will allow you to enjoy your holidays in Byron Bay in the most comfortable and simple way. All you have to do is compare our rental car offers and book the car that best suits your needs at the most economical price.
Our Ballina Byron Airport economy car rental service will allow you to compare prices and move around the area in complete comfort and autonomy. Whether you travel alone or as a family trip, you can also select the car accessories you need, such as car seats for babies or GPS, on this website you can book and have at your fingertips a modern selection of vehicles of different categories, including Economy, Compacts, Vans, 7 Seater, 8 Seater, 9 Seater, Cargo Vans, Fullsize, Luxury, Premium or SUVs, as well as a range of optional extras, so you can move with a model tailored to your needs.
Last-minute offers in rent a car in Byron Bay can be found on our website, where you will find the best prices in cars for rent in Byron Bay from major companies: Avis, Budget, Hertz, Europcar, Thrifty, and more local companies. To book your car at one of the many Ballina Airport offices available, simply use the car rental search engine above.
What to see and do in Byron Bay
Byron Bay is a place you can’t miss if you’re spending time in Australia or if you’re traveling along Australia’s east coast. A mile-long beach, young spirit and lots of surfing are the hallmarks of this small coastal town.
Byron Bay is perfect for relaxing on holiday, enjoy the sun, the fine sand of its beach and the waves. It’s the perfect place to escape and spend a season, because time seems to have stopped there and it’s the hours of sunshine and tides that move locals and travelers, always running towards the beach with a surfboard under your arm. To get the most out of your rental car and your visit to Byron Bay, here are some things to see and do in Byron Bay.
- Watching the sunset from the Cape Byron Lighthouse. The Byron Bay Lighthouse is located on the easternmost point of Australia’s coastline and its ocean views are breathtaking, your rental car will be perfect to get there. Watching the sunrise or sunset from the Byron Bay Lighthouse is a spectacle and although you’re sure you won’t be alone it’s an experience you can’t miss if you go to Byron Bay.
- Surfing. In its beaches, you can find different spots for all levels. The best of them all starts on the right side of the beach, under the lighthouse, where a right wave is formed which, in good condition, can have a distance of about 300 meters, with easy access from the rocks.
- Have a beer at the Beach Hotel. A beer at the Beach Hotel and a view of the beach and live music is a must when visiting Byron Bay.
- Diving. Byron Bay is also a very popular place among diving lovers. In Byron Bay, you will see turtles, more than 400 different species of fish, manta rays and leopard sharks. If you’re lucky you might come across a humpback whale or a gray shark. It is the perfect place to get started in this sport or to enjoy a walk along the seabed of the Australian east coast.
- Whale watching. In the whale season, from June to October, you can see humpback whales jumping off the shores of Byron Bay. The best place to spot whales from the coast is the Captain Cook Lookout at Byron Bay Lighthouse. You can also take a few hours to see the whales up close.
- Watch the sunrise from Mount Warning. Mount Warning is a forest in Wollumbin National Park. It is possible to climb to the top of the mountain doing a rather steep hiking route, with many stairs and that in some stretches requires the use of chains. Although the path to the top is very steep, the views are spectacular and the effort is totally worth it, especially if you do it at dawn. You’ll be lucky enough to enjoy Australia’s first sunrise.
- Practice yoga on the beach. Byron Bay is a place that breathes tranquility and is perfect for relaxing and finding yourself practicing yoga. Here you can find groups of people practicing yoga on the beach.
- Explore Nightcap National Park. Not only are the coasts of Byron Bay beautiful, but you can also get to know the national parks near the coastal town. Drive your rental car to Nightcap, a UNESCO World Heritage national park. Its tropical forests, hiking trails, and waterfalls are worth a visit.
- Visit the hippie village of Nimbin. Again your rental car will be useful to get to Nimbin. This is the hippie town of Australia par excellence. A very curious place that reminds us of the hippies of the 60s. In Nimbin, you can stroll through its streets and enjoy its street art and graffiti, have a drink in its various cafes, some of them overlooking the beautiful forest and visit a candle factory.
- Visit Bangalow. Bangalow is only 16 kilometers (15 minutes driving your rental car) from Byron Bay and is a picturesque village founded in 1880. It is a small village, which retains the architectural style of the early nineteenth century in which a market of local produce is held every Saturday and several festivals throughout the year.
One Way Car Rentals from Ballina Byron Gateway Airport
Do you need to rent a car in Byron Bay and drop off it to another of these popular locations in Queensland or New South Wales such as Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Sydney or Newcastle? No problem, take advantage of our one-way car rental offers for Ballina Byron Gateway Airport and return your rental car anywhere else in Australia at the best prices. Our prices include one-way fees.
Pick up Ballina Byron Gateway Airport and drop off Brisbane Airport
- Time: 2 h 25 min
- Distance: 196 km via M1
Pick up Ballina Byron Gateway Airport and drop off Sunshine Coast Airport
- Time: 3 h 30 min
- Distance: 299 km via M1
Pick up Ballina Byron Gateway Airport and drop off Gold Coast Airport
- Time: 1 h 00 min
- Distance: 98 km via M1
Pick up Ballina Byron Gateway Airport and drop off Sydney Airport
- Time: 8 h 20 min
- Distance: 748 km via Pacific Hwy/A1
Pick up Ballina Byron Gateway Airport and drop off Newcastle Airport
- Time: 6 h 20 min
- Distance: 576 km via Pacific Hwy/A1
Rent a Hybrid or Electric Car at Ballina Byron Airport.
In addition to conventional cars that run on petrol or diesel, on this website you can also find environmentally-friendly rental cars, with less noise pollution and almost imperceptible vibrations in Byron Bay.
If you are planning to rent a modern car and enjoy the latest technical advances, both to go on holiday, business trip, or to make a good impression at an event, we invite you to discover the comfort and performance of our Hybrid and 100% Electric cars available at Ballina Airport.
We are an outstanding car rental website with a great commitment to the environment, and we are aware of the growing demand for sustainable and environmentally-friendly vehicles, which is why we work with leading car rental companies in the market, which put at your disposal a large and modern fleet of hybrid and zero-emission electric cars at Ballina Byron Gateway Airport.
How long does it take to charge an electric car?
- Conventional or slow recharging offers a power of 2.3 kW, for every hour plugged in you get 10 km of autonomy and the battery is filled in about 8 hours.
- Normal or semi-rapid recharging has 7.5 to 22 kW of power, each hour of recharging offers 25 to 70 km of autonomy and it takes 2 to 4 hours to fill the battery.
- Fast recharging has 50 kW in DC and 43 kW in AC, every 20 minutes of recharging provide 120 km of autonomy and 80% of the battery is charged in half an hour.
Here you are a Worldwide database of EV charging stations to check where you can charge your electric rental vehicle.
About the Airport
The small regional airport Ballina Byron Gateway (BNK) is located at Ballina, New South Wales, Australia, serves Ballina and the nearby and renowned town of Byron Bay and its terminal has the capacity to service over 500,000 passengers per year.
The airport is about a 20-minute drive north. It is 5 km (3 mi) from the Ballina Central Business District, in Southern Cross Drive. And also a quick scenic road trip from Byron Bay (25 mins) and Lismore (30 mins).
Please note, the terminal is closed from 9.00 pm
Airport Address and GPS Coordinates
Ballina Byron Gateway (BNK)
210 Southern Cross Dr, Ballina NSW 2478, Australia
PHONE: +61 2 6681 1858
GPS: -28°50’1.19″ S 153°33’26.99″ E
Car parking at Ballina Byron Gateway Airport
Car parking at Ballina Byron Gateway Airport is conveniently located at the front of the terminal building.
More Ground Transportation Options at Ballina Byron Gateway (BNK) Airport
- Steve’s Tours Airport Express: +61 414 660 031
- GoByron: +61 02 6620 9200
- Byron EasyBus: +61 02 6685 7447
- Yamba Airport Shuttle: +61 0428 055 479
- Silver Fern Hire Cars Shuttle: to Alstonville/Goonellabah/ Lismore/Casino // Phone: 0487 501 751
- Ballina Lennox Head Hire Cars: +61 0428 666 360
- Ballina Taxis: +61 02 6686 9999
- Byron Bay Luxe Limousines: +61 0429 262 524
- Byron Bay Luxury Transfers: +61 0488 426 600