Denver has many fun places for tourists to explore, from the ultramodern Denver art museum to skiing in the nearby Rocky Mountains. Even better, the city has many car rental companies willing to help commercial travelers and vacationers get around the city and experience what Denver has to offer. Luckily, travelers don’t have to go far to hire a car in Denver. Denver airport is home to several car rental agencies, with most operating around the clock. Below we explore the best car rental agencies at Denver airport and what they offer to clients.
We know you need to rent a car in Denver but you have doubts and can’t decide which company to book with. To help you decide, here is our ranking of the Top Car Rental Companies at Denver Airport (Updated 2021).
#1.- Drives at Mile high (5/5)
Drives at Mile High is a locally owned and operated rental agency founded in 2012 with a great selection of exotic luxury cars in Denver. From Lamborghini, corvette to Ferrari, this agency is one of the best car rental companies if you want to travel in style. The car hire duration ranges from one day to over a week. This rental company is open seven days a week from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm.
• Excellent collection of exotic sport cars
• Fair prices for exotic car rental
• Their vehicles are well maintained
• Professional and courteous customer service team
• Smooth rental and reservation process
#2.- Car Rental Denver Inc. (5/5)
Founded in 2012, this car rental agency initially served clients vacationing in the nearby Rocky Mountains. Their initial target market was clients needing 4X4 and AWD vehicles capable of handling the rough mountain terrain. Today, on top of their four-wheel-drive rentals, the agency also offers jeep rentals, suburban, and van rental for twelve to fifteen passengers. With a solid 5-star rating, here’s why car rental Denver might be the best car rental agency for you.
- Flexible working hours
- A fast and efficient car booking process
- Great selection of 4 wheel and AWD vehicles
- Excellent personalized customer care service
- Smooth car pick-up and drop off
#3.- Enterprise (4/5)
Enterprise is an American-based company but with a global footprint in the car rental industry. The firm has over seven thousand agencies in over a hundred countries worldwide. This rental company serves both private revelers and commercial travelers thanks to its wide variety of fleet vehicles. From SUVs to vans, there’s something for everyone.
Car rental prices vary depending on the choice of vehicle and the duration of the car hire. With an overall 4-star rating, below is a summary of what to expect with this car hire agency.
- A wide variety of vehicles for car hire.
- Competitive rental fees guarantee value for money.
- Commendable customer care service.
- Vehicles are well maintained with high standards of hygiene.
#4.- Alamo (4/5)
This reputable car hire agency has over four decades of experience in the industry and has been credited with groundbreaking inventions since its inception in 1974. Alamo was the first company to introduce online booking in 1995 and the industry’s first check-in system in the early 2000s.
Today, Alamo serves vacationers throughout the Americas from the united states, Canada, Mexico, and Latin America. The agency operates a free membership program that allows its clients to enjoy more than 10% discounted prices. Alamo is the official car hire agency for world-class resorts such as Walt Disney.
- Hassle-free customer experience
- Low car hire rates compared to other industry players
- Excellent booking process with reservation option
- Plenty of vehicles in their fleet
#5.- National (3/5)
National car rental was established in 1947 and is one of the longest-serving car hire services in North America. The agency has a fleet of over 800 vehicles with operations in 60 locations across the county. National was the first car rental firm to introduce one-way rentals for clients hoping to hire a car in one area and leave it in another. National was also among the first car hire agencies to automate daily reservation operations back in 1967. Today, the rental company operates an emerald club that offers members more control in car rental agreements.
- Prompt and courteous staff ensure excellent customer satisfaction
- Clean and well-maintained fleet of vehicles
- Open 24 hours for all days of the week
- Premium service quality for emerald club members
#6.- Avis (3/5)
Avis is an American-based car hire dealership Founded in 1946 with headquarters in Parsippany, New Jersey, united states. Apart from its comprehensive coverage in North America, the rental company also has operations in South America, Australia, and India. Its agency at Denver airport has flexible working hours whereby its open between 7.00 am to 6.30 pm on weekdays and from 7.00 am to 5.00 pm on weekends. Avis has a wide selection of vehicles for hire ranging from vacation vans, SUVs to luxury sedans.
- Easy and smooth booking process
- Fast response to customer complaints
- Vehicle hygiene lags behind other hiring agencies
- Few complaints about extra fees and hidden costs
- Professional and friendly staff
#7.- Hertz (3/5)
Hertz is an American-based company with headquarters in Florida. This car rental company has over 12,000 agencies scattered across the united states and globally. The agency operates 24 hours throughout the week, ensuring their clients are not left stranded even after touching down at the airport at odd hours.
Clients can choose from a wide variety of vehicles, from SUVs to hybrid models. Other unique services they offer include child seats and ski canopies for adventures in the nearby rocky mountains.
- Excellent ride quality with access to unlimited wifi for up to 5 devices, making it ideal for family travel
- Fantastic deals for club members
- Quick and easy check-in and check ou process
- A broad selection of vehicles
Thrifty is another rental agency operating within Denver international airport with close ties to the hertz and dollar franchises. The agency has over 9700 locations in the united states. They operate 24/7 and have a wide selection of automobiles for rental ranging from sedans, trucks, and family vans.
- Easy pick-up and drop-off.
- Attractive rental fees compared to other competing agencies.
- Convenient payment options for customers.
- Great discounts for repeat customers.
#9.- FOX (2/5)
Fox car rental is situated only a few minutes away from the main Denver airport terminal. The agency offers a wide array of rental vehicles at discounted prices. Among their fleet are SUVs, minivans, sedans as well as economy cars for long trips. Their agency in Denver airport is open all week long between 7.00 am and 7.00 pm.
- Pocket-friendly car hire prices
- Quick response time for customer complaints
- Extra charges and hidden fees for 4×4 and SUV models
- Delays in client pick up after booking at the airport
Car rental services in Denver have significantly improved over the last few decades. Plenty of dealerships have set up shop in and around Denver international airport to cater to travelers’ unique needs. However, it is always advisable for travelers to conduct thorough background checks and breeze through prior customer reviews to ensure they select the best car rental agency.
We hope you liked this article. Now you can continue reading our article about the differences between Avis, Budget, Hertz, Europcar, Payless, Sixt, Thrifty, Dollar, Alamo, National, or our ranking of the Top Car Rental Companies in the US.