Car Rental Companies Serving Doncaster Sheffield Airport (DSA)
Pick up inside the Terminal
Phone: +44 344 544 3997
Opening hours: Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00h, Saturday and Sunday Closed.
Phone: +44 344 544 7161
Opening hours: Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00h. Saturday: 08:00 – 15:00h. Sunday Closed.
Car Rental desks at the airport are located in the Arrivals Hall
Pick up outside the Terminal
Phone: +44 843 309 3067
Opening hours: Monday – Friday 10:00 – 16:00h. Saturday and Sunday Closed.
Phone: +44 371 384 5912
Opening hours: Monday – Friday 08:00 – 18:00h. Saturday: 08:00 – 13:00h. Sunday Closed.
How to find outside pick up location?
Hertz and Europcar Car hire service is provided as a Meet & Greet; what means that a representative from the rent a car supplier will meet you in the airport terminal and direct you to the service desk.
There is no branch on site. Only customers arriving by flight will be met. This may require that the customer be taken to the nearby servicing location. Pick-up and/or drop off should be coordinated with the servicing location.
About the Airport
Doncaster Sheffield Airport (DSA), formerly also known as the Robin Hood Airport Doncaster Sheffield, is located at the former RAF Finningley station, in the Metropolitan Borough of Doncaster within South Yorkshire.
The airport is placed 5km (3mi) southeast of Doncaster and 29km (18mi) east of Sheffield. The other important airport in the area is Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA), 87km (54mi) away.
It is close to the M18 motorway; a road link from junction 3 of the M18 to Parrot’s corner (junction of the A638 and the B6463 roads).
A historic market town, Doncaster, the largest metropolitan borough in the country, yet remains essentially rural and is the perfect base to start your northern road trip.
Airport Address and Coordinates
First Ave, Doncaster DN9 3RH, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 1302 625050
GPS: 53°28′31″N 001°00′15″W
Airlines and Destinations from/to Doncaster Sheffield Airport
- Air Europa: Tenerife–South (Seasonal charter)
- BH Air: Burgas (Seasonal charter)
- Flybe: Alicante, Amsterdam, Berlin–Tegel (ends 11 June 2018), Belfast–City (from 15 June 2018), Dublin, Jersey, Paris–Charles de Gaulle, and Faro, Málaga, Palma de Mallorca, Newquay (seasonal)
Norwegian Air Shuttle: Tenerife–South (Seasonal charter)
- TUI Airways: Alicante, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Málaga, Tenerife–South and Antalya (begins 22 May 2018), Burgas, Chambery, Corfu, Dalaman, Dubrovnik, Faro, Heraklion, Hurghada (begins 2 November 2018), Ibiza, Kefalonia (begins 3 May 2018), Larnaca, Menorca, Naples (begins 7 May 2018), Palma de Mallorca, Paphos, Reus, Rhodes, Zakynthos (Seasonals) Bridgetown, Montego Bay (Seasonal charters)
- Wizz Air: Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Gdańsk, Katowice, Košice (ends 12 May 2018), Lublin (ends 18 June 2018), Poznań, Riga, Vilnius, Warsaw–Chopin, Wrocław
Some Tourist Information about Yorkshire area.
Hiring a car and discovering the delights of northern England couldn’t be easier. Just pick up your keys and drive the open road. Discover the best of South Yorkshire during your road trip from Doncaster.
South Yorkshire is a metropolitan county in England. It lies within the Sheffield City Region with Barnsley also being within the Leeds City Region, reflecting its geographical position midway between Yorkshire’s two largest cities.
Sheffield is the third largest English district by population in England. The city is the eastern foothills of the Pennies, and the valleys of the river Don and its four tributaries, the Porter Brook, the Loxley, the Sheaf, and the Rivelin. There are more than 250 parks, woodlands and gardens in the city.
Sheffield is an industrial city with a popular base from which to explore the Peak District and other numerous well-tended parks and a beautiful greenbelt area. The city is well known for knives, all types of cutting tools, guns and high-grade steel production. The city have a lot of beautiful places for tourist to visit and have fun.
Some of them are:
- Tropical Butterfly House – here you encounter and discover the indoor rainforest, which is home to butterflies, bats, birds, crocodiles, and creepy-crawlies from around the world. You meet and feed the friendly residents of the farm barn. At the tropical butterfly house, you get closer than ever to some of the most popular animals in the brand new walk-through mammal enclosure that has been put in place.
- Peak district national park – explore some of England’s most spectacular scenery when you visit the Peak District National Park.
- Central Library and Graves Art Gallery – the Central Library and Graves Art Gallery contains an excellent collection of old masters and English art from the 18th century to date, along with major artist such as Picasso and Braque, from the 19thand 20th
- Museum Sheffield: Millennium Gallery – this museum is Sheffield’s destination for art, design and craft. You can see some of Sheffield’s unique heritage on exhibitions.
Apart from the various locations that can be visited in Sheffield, if you decide on staying a little longer, you will find much more to see and do when you also visit the Dorset’s County Town. Meet Dorset’s real dinosaurs as you uncover the Mesozoic Era in the Jurassic Coast Gallery at the Dorset County Museum. At this museum, you will be immersed into the UNESCO Coast’s fascinating geological heritage and come face to face with the Weymouth Bay Pliosaur.
One of the most interesting places to visit is The Oak Rooms in Antelope Walk. The rooms were once the court of the notorious Judge Jeffrey’s, known as the Hanging Judge, who ordered the execution of 74 people and the transportation of 175 following the Duke of Monmouth’s rebellion in 1685. There is a hidden door in the oak paneling and part of tunnel is now used by the tea rooms as a larder.
More Ground Transportation Options at Doncaster Sheffield Airport (DSA)
There are constant buses between the airport and Doncaster downtown.
- Buses to/from Doncaster: there is shuttle bus service (X4 shuttle bus) that links Doncaster Town Centre & DSA Airport from the A1 stand at Doncaster Interchange. The trip takes about 25 minutes.
Times: 5am until 12am Monday to Saturday, as a limited stop service, every 30 minutes and every hour on Sunday.
- Buses to/from Sheffield: Service 737 departs 8 times day from the Sheffield Interchange, and 7 times a day from the airport. The trip takes about 45 minutes
Departures from Sheffield – 04:45, 05:45, 16:30, 17:25, 18:30, 19:30, 20:50, 21:50
Departures from the airport: 08:50, 17:25, 18:25, 20:00, 21:00, 21:45, 22:45
The renowned company National Express operates coach services into and out of Doncaster Airport. There are direct coach services to Scunthorpe, London Victoria, and York.
If your option is the train, keep in mind that first you have to take the bus to the Doncaster or Sheffield railway station.
- Doncaster train station: Walk to the Interchange and catch the X4 bus service direct to the airport terminal. For example, London Kings Cross is only 1 hour 35 minutes away from here.
- Sheffield train station: To connect from Sheffield catch the 737 bus service from the Sheffield Interchange at stand C3, direct to the airport terminal.
With exclusive and convenient pick-up point outside arrivals and a customer service desk in the main terminal. This service is operated by the airports official partner: Little Arrow Taxis.
You may also be interested in...
You may also be interested in…