In Broward County, Florida, the Fort Lauderdale—Hollywood International Airport is a large public airport that serves the Miami metropolitan region as one of three airports. The airport is open all the time. Only in the pre-security areas is it possible to sleep in the airport.
However, once you arrive here, your intention is likely not to sleep at the airport but to fully tour the area and enjoy your staycation. As such, hiring a vehicle would likely be the best and most convenient option to move around with ease.
We know you need to rent a car in Miami, Hollywood, Boca Raton, or Fort Lauderdale, but you have doubts and can’t decide which company to book with. To help you decide, here is our ranking of the Top 5 Car Rental Companies at Fort Lauderdale – Hollywood Airport (Updated 2022). Here is our quick guide for some of the top car rental companies at Fort Lauderdale Airport in Florida.
#1: Euro Motor Club Exotic Car Rental Fort Lauderdale (9/10)
Euro Motor Club offers daily rentals and club memberships. It is for those looking for a luxury experience. Euro pride themselves in providing top-notch, well-maintained exotic cars and have unique models in their fleet. They have received five-star ratings on several platforms and impeccable reviews from their clientele.
You’ll easily rent a McLaren, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Roadster, and other sleek models from Euro Motor Club. Because of the exclusivity of their vehicles, a deposit of between $3,000 to $5,000 is required, excluding daily rates and taxes. This makes them the priciest rental company at Fort Lauderdale Airport and the best in providing exotic cars. They are open 24/7.
- Car reservation is easy.
- Professional service.
- The cars are pristine.
- The latest models are available.
- Book in advance and join the club membership to enjoy discounted rates.
- The deposit is high, though understandable for the type of cars.
#2: Alamo Rent-A-Car (8.5/10)
Alamo has been voted as the best car rental company in the world on some of the best car booking platforms in the world. It is known for providing comfortable, clean vehicles, offers excellent value for money, and has one of the best pick-up and drop-off policies — even during out-of-office hours.
You can skip the rental line for convenience by checking in directly using their touch screen self-service kiosk. You’ll get the rental agreement printed from the kiosk, although it is receipt-sized. The booth agent at the exit releases you upon confirming your driving license and rental agreement details. This saves you lots of time. Alternatively, you can eliminate the rental line and self-service kiosk check-in by activating the online option of Accelerated Check-in.
- The staff is friendly, professional, and pleasant no matter the situation.
- The service is reliable and flexible.
- The cars are immaculate and well-maintained.
- The airport location has better pick-up and drop-off hours.
- The reservation process is easy and smooth.
- There are no hidden charges.
- They provide alcohol-based wipes with your documents, ensuring you remain germ-free.
- They do not accept debit cards.
#3: Enterprise Rent-A-Car (8/10)
Enterprise has created a legacy of providing some of the cleanest rental vehicles. Their drop-off policy is convenient, and if you’re in a hurry, they are considerate of that too. You’ll simply drive into the return area, drop the keys in the drop box, and you’re free to go.
they have been voted the second-best in the world for rental vehicles, ranking at number two for value for money, cleanliness, comfort, and pick-up and drop-off. Their fleet includes sedans, minivans, SUVs, and even pick-up trucks. The prices are pocket-friendly, and you’ll get value for your money.
- Amiable service.
- The staff is informative.
- The cars are great.
- The pick-up and drop-off are easy.
- They offer unlimited mileage.
- Reservation is time-specific, and if you don’t pick up your vehicle at the designated time, you risk it being allocated to someone else.
- It is sometimes difficult to pick up a vehicle.
#4: National (7.5/10)
National has been rated as one of the best car rental companies in Fort Lauderdale Airport. They have built a reputation for providing exemplary service and offer a wide range of quality cars, giving you a rental experience that’s superior to many. They are dependable in pick-ups and drop-offs, their vehicles are always clean, and the comfort is admirable.
Their fleet of cars includes SUVs, minivans, and sedans. Their drop-off policy isn’t very customer-friendly. Returning the car after office hours means that you are still responsible for whatever happens to it before a staff member processes your return, despite dropping the keys in their lockbox. This is a challenge as clients have no control over what happens to the vehicle after drop-off.
- The staff is courteous and friendly.
- The prices are fair.
- Cars have low mileage.
- The vehicles are clean.
- Convenient as you can drop off the vehicle at the airport.
- It’s possible to make last-minute changes to your reservation seamlessly.
- Despite reservation, you are not always guaranteed a vehicle.
#5: Avis Rent-A-Car (7/10)
Booking in advance means you get preassigned a vehicle upon confirmation. Upon arrival at Fort Lauderdale Airport, Avis allows you to either accept the preassigned vehicle, exchange it for a similar model, or upgrade to a specialty vehicle. This is what makes Avis rate one of the best car rental companies.
Their vehicle fleet includes minivans, sedans, and SUVs, and you can get luxury cars too, like a Camaro or Mustang. If you’re traveling as a group, you may consider hiring a 15-seater van instead. Booking long-term gives you significant savings.
- Pick-up and drop-off are easy and convenient.
- The customer service is exemplary, and the staff is all friendly.
- The vehicles are clean.
- Processing is smooth.
- Pricing is affordable.
- Comfort is sometimes an issue — the car smelled of cigarettes, and there was no CD player or USB port.
- There are sometimes no cars available despite prior booking.
Renting a car from a reputable company will make the difference between enjoying your vacation or getting frustrated. Again, you don’t want to experience car breakdowns in the midst of your expeditions. Choose your car rental company wisely once you arrive at Fort Lauderdale Airport and enjoy your stay in Florida.
We hope you liked this article. Now you can continue reading our article about the differences between Avis, Budget, Hertz, Europcar, Payless, Sixt, Thrifty, Dollar, Alamo, National, or our ranking of the Top Car Rental Companies in the US.