A city saturated with colors, traditions, cultural activities, adventures and musical options, adventures and musical options, San Antonio is an outstanding Texas that shines with a star of its own, a star that makes it attractive to a large number of Mexicans who live mainly on the northern border of Mexico. especially on Mexico’s northern border.
The city of San Antonio is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Texas, not only for its location popular tourist destinations in Texas not only because of its location, in the heart of the state, just 200 miles from Houston and about 150 miles north of Mexico, but also for its history 150 miles north of Mexico, but for its history, culture and an incredible variety of its incredible variety of entertainment. Not to mention that the best shopping in the United States. It is worth adding San Antonio International Airport is located very close to downtown which facilitates quick access to all hotels. hotels.
You have just landed in San Antonio Airport (SAT), itinerary in hand, and ready to explore this beautiful city. Then, it hits you; you need a car to get around and enjoy the sights. But there are so many options; some are familiar because you have seen them in your city and others you have never heard of. Where do you begin? If you have or are planning to tour San Antonio, Texas, here is a list of the TOP 7 best car rental companies the city has to offer in 2022. Read on to find out which one works for you.
#1. Alamo (8.7/10) 🏆
First on our list is Alamo, the largest car rental company catering to international travelers touring North America. Alamo is an internationally recognized brand built on customer-based values, affordable travel, and a smooth experience. If you are an airport leisure traveler, you will love this provider.
When using Alamo, you have the freedom to choose from a wide range of car classes and make advanced reservations. The company’s free membership program gives you access to a 10% discount on all retail prices, making sure you get where you are going without breaking the bank.
Alamo is top on our list because travelers love it. Here are some customer highlights derived from online yelp reviews of the company’s San Antonio branch:
- 3 reviewers loved that they were immediately greeted by personnel at the rental lot after taking the shuttle to Alamo locations.
- 5 reviewers were happy with the rental process, calling it ‘fast and easy and the agents ‘helpful and friendly.’
- 3 customers appreciated that their agent informed them about the additional insurance offered by the company and asked if they would like to purchase it.
- According to 1963 reviews, the service is friendly and the drop-off easy.
- 2020 people found the staff very friendly and helpful
- In 556 reviews, the customer service was described as flexible and reliable.
- Some customers complained that they did not get the car they had reserved.
- Others had a problem with the fact that Alamo did not accept debit cards.
#2. SIXT (8.0/10)🥈
Second, on our list is SIXT. SIXT is a widely recognized car rental service in San Antonio that offers safe and stylish vehicle options to make your visit as smooth as possible. Besides the cars themselves, you will enjoy their reliable customer service and highly competitive prices. They have multiple branches and serve many locations, including San Antonio International Airport.
Based on reviews, what customers like most about SIXT is the wide variety of car choices. No matter what your car needs, they will have a car for you. They offer several options, including luxury cars, family sedans, pickups, SUVs, and economy cars. You can even customize your rental vehicle by booking add-ons like additional drivers, extra protection, child seats, and GPS.
- 7 reviewers enjoy the many rental periods from which one can choose: one-day rental, weekly rental, weekend rental, or long-term rental.
- 3 reviewers were happy that they did not need roadside assistance when using SIXT rentals.
- In 2 reviews, customers appreciated that the agent assisting them explained the crucial details about the particular car they were renting.
- On the flip side, 2 reviewers complained that they were charged an additional day upon returning their vehicle. To avoid such mishaps, confirm your pickup and drop-off days with your agent beforehand.
- 893 reviews called the staff very helpful and friendly.
- Most customers stated that the cars were spotless, clean, and comfortable.
- Some customers complained that they did not get their car after prepaying.
- Others thought their car smelled of smoke.
#3. Enterprise (7.9/10) 🥉
When it was founded in 1957 by Jack Tailor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car was designed to be a large network of rental car locations offering premium customer service at very low everyday rates. Enterprise Rent-A-Car is known for its pristinely cleaned, sanitized rental cars and easy rental process. They are an international brand with over 7,000 locations in nearly 100 territories and countries, and their San Antonio location is just as reputable as the rest.
Whether you are looking to visit some sights downtown, run errands, or drive to the airport, this rental provider has got you covered. Loyal customers of this brand keep coming back for many things, but, most of all, the company’s Complete Clean Pledge. Enterprise Rent-A-Car thoroughly cleans its cars after every rental, making their vehicles some of the cleanest, most sanitary in the business.
Customers highlight that Friday morning is the company’s busiest time, and you should expect a short wait. However, you will get your car in no time at all, which means there is little to no waiting time on other normal days.
- 3572 people thought the agents were very helpful and informative.
- 5305 reviewers loved the car they rented and the service it provided them,
- 2248 customers enjoyed the easy pickups and drop-offs.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car also picks local customers at no extra charge.
- Some customers complained that cars were sometimes unavailable.
- Others also said it was difficult to pick up the cars.
#4. National (7.5/10)
National Car Rental was founded when 24 independent car rental providers joined together in 1974 to form one company. These operators brought together over 800 vehicles spread across 60 locations. Today, National Car Rental is one part of Enterprise Holdings, its parent company owned by the Taylor family of companies, together with Enterprise Rent-A-Car and Alamo Rent-A-Car.
On its own, National Car Rental is a world leader and pacesetter in the car rental business. It was the first company to offer one-way rental services way back in 1954. This system allowed customers to rent a car in one town and leave it in another. It was also the first company to incorporate computers into day-to-day reservation activities.
National Car Rental is a consumer favorite for many reasons but mostly because it offers great last-minute deals on rates for people traveling on vacation or business.
- 4 reviewers called National Car Rental their best car rental provider, citing their wide range of choices and excellent service.
- 5 reviewers that rented 15-passenger vans to accommodate their families during family trips found the vans very reliable, clean, and efficient.
- In 7 reviews from Emerald Club Members, consumers hailed National Car Rental’s consistent and excellent customer service.
- 349 reviewers enjoyed the quality and low mileage of their cars.
- 185 people thought the service was great and highly efficient.
- According to 174 reviewers, the pickups and drop-offs were very easy.
- in 276 reviews, customers complained that no cars were available despite them receiving confirmation from an agent.
- Some customers complained of smelly cars.
#5. Hertz (7.2/10)
Hertz has many offices and locations spread across San Antonio, including close to San Antonio Airport. From their many stations, you can enjoy the city’s fast-growing sights and attractions, including the River Walk, Six Flags Fiesta Texas amusement park, and the Alamo Mission fort. You can also drive direct to your meeting if you are in town for business.
What is great about Hertz is that they always have a car that is just right for you. They have a long fleet of SUVs for family trips, sedans for your business trips, and sports and luxury cars for no-expense-spared vacations. This means that you get to explore all the options and pick what works for you.
Hertz is also very careful about drop-offs and pickups and has some of the most thorough safety and health policies to address COVID-19.
Top Selling Points
- Their Gold Standard Clean policy includes a thorough 15-step cleaning process designed to maintain the cars in the fleet in clean and safe conditions.
- It has some of the best prices in the city.
- If you cancel your booking within 2 days of making it, you will not be charged any change or cancellation fees.
- There are no credit card fees
- 2332 reviewers found the service to be efficient.
- 5675 customers liked that the cars were clean and comfortable.
- Some customers complained that there were no cars available.
#6. Dollar (7.0/10)
The Dollar Rent A Car location in San Antonio is located at 9559 AIRPORT BLVD, making it one of the most accessible car rental providers in the city. You don’t need to leave the airport and roam the city without a vehicle: you can get one very close to you from Dollar. What’s more, at $46 per day, you can be sure that you are getting some of the best deals available.
Whether you are traveling with your family, going on vacation, or on a business trip, Dollar Rent A Car has a car for you. They offer a varied fleet of vehicle types, including cars, trucks, SUVs, and minivans, that are sure to accommodate all your travel needs. The pickups and drop-offs are also very convenient.
- Many reviewers hailed the company’s easy rental process. All you need to do is enter your tip dates and preferred pickup and drop-off times into the search bar on the website. Next, you will receive a list of available pickup locations, car types, and prices, and you are good to go.
- That said, 2 reviewers caution that the San Antonio location closes at midnight. This means that you may not be able to get a rental car if your flight is delayed or gets in late.
- 1049 real reviewers found the agents to be friendly and accommodating.
- 361 customers said they enjoyed the entire experience.
- 389 people found the customer service to be reliable.
- Some customers had complaints about the car’s condition.
- Customers that deboarded later than midnight found the location closed.
#7. Advantage (6,9/10)
The best thing about Advantage Rent-A-Car is that you can book your desired vehicle directly from the San Antonio Intl. Airport (SAT) in Texas. All you need to do is enter your trip dates and pick up and drop off times into the search bar on the company’s website, then compare available vehicle types, pickup locations, and prices. Their prices are also highly competitive, offering you some of the best saving deals in the city. Even better, their customer service is exceptional.
According to customers of Advantage Rent-A-Car, this company is a top choice because it caters to all types of budgets. You can book a sports car or luxury car if you wish to spare no expenses. If you are on a business trip or would like to make some savings, you can also rent a compact or economy car.
- Customer reviews show that Advantage Rent-A-Car has a very easy rental process and convenient pickups and drop-offs. The company is also easily accessible from the San Antonio airport.
- 1231 reviewers said the cars were clean and smelled nice.
- 354 people enjoyed the easy return process.
- 1210 customers liked the competitive prices.
- Some customers complained that there were no reserved cars.
- Others claimed their car smelled like smoke.
As you can see, there is no shortage of great rental car companies in San Antonio, Texas, and it all comes down to you. On average, it will cost you $43 a day to rent a car in the city, but, from our list, the best prices you will get are $52 (Dollar) and $72 (Hertz), all great bargains for exceptional service.
This analysis is also based on reviews from real customers, so you can be sure that what you see is what you will get. Remember to keep an eye out for companies that have updated their health and safety policies in response to COVID-19. Top best car rental companies like Hertz and Dollar are top on this list.
We hope you liked this article. Now you can continue reading our article about the differences between Avis, Budget, Hertz, Europcar, Payless, Sixt, Thrifty, Dollar, Alamo, National, or our ranking of the Top Car Rental Companies in the US.